THE HARVEIAN SOCIETY OF LONDON
Lettsom House, 11 Chandos Street, London, W1G 9EB
020 7580 1043
NEXT MEETING IS 11 May 2022 - DETAILS ON THE MEETINGS PAGE
The Harveian Society of London:
· Provides an interdisciplinary meeting place for all those interested in the medical sciences.
· Has a programme of meetings on a wide range of topics relating to health, the humanities and society
· Funds travel bursaries and prizes for junior doctors, medical students and sixth-formers from Kent schools associated with William Harvey.
· Meets monthly at the Medical Society of London for lectures and debates, preceded by supper.
· Has an annual programme of visits and social occasions open to members
If you have a background in any discipline involved with medicine, human or veterinary, or in biomedical science you will find that the society’s meetings provide a unique opportunity to be intellectually entertained and have your mind stretched. It is one of the few organisations that bridges a wide range of professional and scientific disciplines and provides a space for sharing knowledge and experience with like-minded people, just for the pleasure of doing so.
Its pedigree is a long one, back to its foundation in 1831. The Medical Society of London building in Chandos Street is a Regency gem, antedating the Harveian and built in 1808.
THE SOCIETY NOW PUBLISHES A REVIEW OF EACH PRESIDENT'S YEAR -
THE HARVEIAN SOCIETY GDPR STATEMENT FOR ALL MEMBERS IS BELOW - PLEASE READ AND NOTE IT
A NEW AND UPDATED BOOKLET ON THE HARVEIAN SOCIETY IS AVAILABLE AS A PDF